DIAMOND K. ADATIA PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
2. The Rules of Professional Conduct and related Council Interpretations of the various Provincial Institutes of Chartered Accountants require that partners and staff maintain the confidentiality of client and former client information, as well as the confidentiality of Firm information, except in rare and very specific circumstances.
3. The Rules of Professional Conduct of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta also require that partners and staff not use confidential information for personal advantage, for the advantage of a third party or to the disadvantage of a client, former client or the Firm, unless consent has been obtained from the client, former client or the Firm.
4. Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
5. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
6. DKA collects personal information only for the following reasons:
7. We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent and will only share your information with third parties to assist in completing the above uses. Any third party's use must adhere to our privacy policies or be allowed by legislation. Examples would be an outside payroll service, an agent hired to perform a service for you, a collection agency, a law enforcement agency or emergency services.
8. DKA is accountable for all personal information in its possession, including any personal information disclosed to third parties for processing or other administrative functions.
9. DKA shall identify the purpose for which personal information is collected before collecting it.
10. Diamond K. Adatia, CA, has been appointed as the firm's Privacy Officer to be accountable for the firm's privacy policies and enforcement. We have also trained our staff on privacy issues.
> Diamond Adatia can be reached at:
Diamond K. Adatia
Diamond K. Adatia Prof. Corp
#250, 2635 - 37 Avenue N.E., Calgary, Alberta, T1Y 5Z6
Telephone: (403) 291-5617 Extn: 25
Mobile (587) 717-5617
Facsimile: (403) 291-6467
11. DKA shall obtain consent for all personal information collected, used or disclosed by DKA, unless such collection or use is inappropriate, or permitted by law.
12. Personal information collected shall be limited to information that is necessary for the purposes identified by DKA and be collected by fair and lawful means.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
13. Personal information collected by DKA shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
14. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used. We will use our best efforts to keep your information up-to-date.
15. DKA shall safeguard your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
16. DKA shall make information available to its clients and employees about the policies and practices that apply to the management of their information.
17. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and shall be given access to it. An individual will be given reasonable access to their information and may correct any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is challenged and found to be deficient.
18. An individual shall be able to challenge compliance with the above privacy principles. DKA shall investigate all complaints in a timely manner.