2. The Rules of Professional Conduct and related Council Interpretations of the various Provincial Institutes of Chartered Accountants require that partners and staff maintain the confidentiality of client and former client information, as well as the confidentiality of Firm information, except in rare and very specific circumstances.
3. The Rules of Professional Conduct of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta also require that partners and staff not use confidential information for personal advantage, for the advantage of a third party or to the disadvantage of a client, former client or the Firm, unless consent has been obtained from the client, former client or the Firm.
Personal Information 4. Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
Age, name, ID numbers, income, or ethnic origin;
Opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions; and
Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute with a client, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs).
5. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
6. DKA collects personal information only for the following reasons:
To provide the products or services that you have requested and maintain commercial relations with you;
To understand your needs and recommend products and services accordingly;
To manage our business which includes partnership, employment and succession matters; and
To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
7. We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent and will only share your information with third parties to assist in completing the above uses. Any third party’s use must adhere to our privacy policies or be allowed by legislation. Examples would be an outside payroll service, an agent hired to perform a service for you, a collection agency, a law enforcement agency or emergency services.
Personal information collected by DKA shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used. We will use our best efforts to keep your information up-to-date.
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and shall be given access to it. An individual will be given reasonable access to their information and may correct any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is challenged and found to be deficient.